Project Choice #3: Intentional Amateurism
I will use the given question prompt on intentional amateurism: "Today many TV shows and advertisements try to look amateurish or 'homegrown' to emulate what is often seen on the Web. Do you think professional production values will continue to drop, or do you think amateur user-generated content will get better over time? WHY??" However, I will not exactly answer this particular question. Instead, I will talk about how a new style in advertisements, TV shows and movies has developed--a style which was inspired by the Web 2.0 craze. I'll use specific examples of these different types of media which use this style of an "amateur" feeling utilized in a professional way. Using the articles about social media and the Web 2.0, I will discuss why this new style can be very effective. I will also talk about how this all relates to the gradual increase in the quality of user-generated content submitted on the web.
FINAL REVIEW
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment